The Advanced Placement (AP) Program is administered by The College Board to provide high school students an opportunity to take college-level coursework and earn college credit or advanced placement in college classes.
UPDATE: April 1, 2020 at 4 pm
The College Board will provide free resources through exam day to help you get ready. While we encourage you to wait until closer to the test to decide, any student registered for an exam can cancel at no charge. Please read the full update and frequently asked questions HERE.
Dates for AP exam changes
If students decide to register for an AP exam(s) now that the exam order has been submitted, they have to let Abby in Beyond CV know between February 10-28 and pay $124 per exam to the bookkeeper .
Students wanting to cancel any AP exams that they have already paid for will only receive a partial refund to cover the cancellation fee set by Collegeboard. This means students will only get a $44 refund for a test cancellation. If students are wanting to cancel they will have to let Abby know by April 15.
Register for an AP Test
- AP exams are optional, fee-based, and are given over a two-week period every May.
- 2020 AP exams are scheduled during the weeks of May 4 and May 15.
- The College Board sets the exam schedule, establishes fees, and scores exams.
- Students who take an AP exam usually have taken the AP class, but this is not a requirement.
- Students who register to take an AP exam will receive a copy of the AP Bulletin for Students and Parents, which describes the AP program in more detail, in their AP class.
AP Exam Registration
Advanced Placement (AP) exams will be administered at CVHS the weeks of May 4 and May 15. Students take an AP exam after preparing for it by taking an AP class. Occasionally, a student will study independently for an AP exam.
To register for an AP exam, students must:
- Students must create a Collegeboard account if they had not previously had one, and sign in to MyAP.
- AP teachers have “join codes” for each AP class and section (period) which they are sharing with students. Students will need this code to register for the AP exam by November 4.
- Pay the fee to CV’s bookeeper by November 4.
The total cost of each AP exam is $84.
Students who qualify for the Free or Reduced Meal Program are able to take the exams at no cost. In order to do this students must let Abby in Beyond CV know by November 4.
STUDENTS: PLEASE CHECK CALENDARS CAREFULLY AND ONLY REGISTER FOR AP EXAMS YOU PLAN TO TAKE. If there is a conflict with the testing date/time of an exam, there are alternate test dates options for an additional fee.