Beyond CV provides resources to prepare students for life after high school. College and career information, scholarships, financial aid, SAT, ACT and AP Prep are available for students. Students can schedule an appointment to talk about their plans after CV. Please email radhika.sriram@corvallis .k12.or.us to schedule an appointment.
October 2021 Beyond CHS/Beyond CVHS Virtual College Planning Month
Helping students and families learn about applying to and paying for college and community college
October 4-14 – College Planning Workshops – Pre-register HERE no later than 3PM the day of the sessions you wish to attend. You will receive the Zoom meeting information by email the afternoon of the sessions you are registered to attend.
Week 1 – October 4-7 Workshops & College/CC Visits
Monday, October 4
- 11:20-11:50am: Reed College Virtual Visit (Portland, OR)
- 5:45-6:45pm: OSU/LBCC Degree Partnership Program: learn how you can save money through being dual-enrolled in both LBCC and OSU.
- 7:00-8:00pm: How to Shine in Your College Application: learn what selective schools are looking for in applicants
Tuesday, October 5
- 11:20-11:50am: Princeton University Virtual Visit (Princeton, NJ)
- 3:30-4:15pm: Oregon State University Virtual Visit (Corvallis)
- 5:45-6:45pm: NCAA 101- Learn what it takes to play sports in college
Wednesday, October 6
- 11:20-11:50am: University of San Francisco Virtual Visit (SF, CA)
- 3:30-4:15pm: Harvey Mudd College Virtual Visit (Claremont, CA)
- 5:45-6:45pm: FAFSA & Financial Aid 101: Learn how to file FAFSA (or ORSAA) and other Financial Aid tips.
- 7:00-8:00pm: FAFSA & Financial Aid 101: Learn how to file FAFSA (or ORSAA) and other Financial Aid tips.
Thursday, October 7
- 11:20-11:50am: Dartmouth College Virtual Visit (Hanover, NH)
- 5:45-6:45pm: Finding Funds for Oregon Students: OSAC, Oregon Opportunity Grant, Oregon Promise, and more
- 7:00-8:00pm: Chemeketa Community College: CTE programs, certificates, associate degrees, transfer plan to 4 year, DPP, Oregon Promise. Come learn about Paramedic & EMT training, and more!
Week 2, October 11-14 Workshops & College/CC Visits
Monday, October 11
- 11:20-11:50am: University of Redlands Virtual Visit (Redlands, CA)
- 3:30-4:15pm: Pacific University Virtual Visit (multiple locations-OR/HI)
- 5:45-6:45pm: Making your college application essay stand out: learn how you can make your application essay work for you in the application process
- 7:00-8:00pm: Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Panel with University of Arizona, Northern Arizona University & Washington State University: learn about WUE and how you can save money on out-of-state tuition
Tuesday, October 12
- 11:20-11:50am: Vassar College Virtual Visit (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- 3:30-4:15pm: Grinnell College Virtual Visit (Grinnell, IA)
- 5:45-6:45pm: Linn-Benton Community College: CTE programs, certificates, associate degrees, transfer plan to 4 year, DPP, Oregon Promise (Q & A sessions in both English and Spanish available near the end of this session)
- 7:00-8:00pm: Military Education Benefits Panel: Learn the outstanding military benefits offered through the Air National Guard, Navy ROTC, Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC.
Wednesday October 13
- 11:20-11:50am: Arizona State University & Barrett Honors College Virtual Visit (Tempe, AZ)
- 5:45-6:45pm: Lane Community College (Eugene, OR): Career & Technical Education programs, certificates, and associate degrees.
- 7:00-8:00pm: Honors Colleges : Oregon State and University of Oregon: Learn all about Honors colleges and if they are a good fit for you. (OSU Honors: 7:00-7:30, UO Clark Honors: 7:30-8:00)
Thursday October 14
- 11:20-11:50am: Boston Conservatory at Berklee (Boston, MA)
- 3:30-4:15pm: Lewis & Clark College (Portland, OR)
- 5:45-6:45pm: Kicking off your College Application Process: an overview session with CVHS Counseling.
5:45-6:45pm: The College Application Process & Timeline: an overview session with CHS Counseling – for juniors and seniors.
- 7:00-8:00pm: Top Ten tips for Parents (During your student’s college application process)
Below is a list of helpful resources when thinking about life after CVHS.