Graduation is one of the most important traditions of our school year. Students, family, staff, and friends gather to celebrate the hard work and accomplishments of the graduating class.
Planning for Graduation
All graduates must have a CV cap and gown and dress appropriately for the graduation ceremony
- Each fall, students have the opportunity to order cap and gown and graduation announcements from Josten’s the official vendor for our district. Financial assistance scholarships are available through the school office.
- When you receive your cap and gown, take it from the package and hang it up to help release the fold marks and wrinkles. Follow ironing instructions on the package.
- Caps may be decorated. Decorations must be appropriate and no more than six inches high.
Appropriate attire is required.
- Attire must meet the expected daily dress code for Crescent Valley.
- Tassels are worn on the right. You may move the tassel to the left (over your heart) after receiving your diploma.
General Information about Graduation
If a students would like to be a speaker at graduation they will need to turn in a rough draft of their speech to Mrs. Serna in B5, her mailbox or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will hold auditions May 18 at lunch for speeches.
If a student needs to order cap and gown, please contact Jostens at 1-800-567-8367 or www.jostens.com/contact
If a student needs financial assistance with cap and gown they can contact Mrs. Serna or their counselor – I will need to know their approximate height and weight for their gown.
Graduation All Night Party tickets can be purchased through our bookkeeper, Bob Parrott. Discounts are available if purchased before spring break. We ask students to speak with the counselor if they are in need of a scholarship for this event.
For more information regarding the 2020 graduation contact Julie Serna (senior class advisor) at email@example.com
Important Dates & Times for the Class of 2021
|Wednesday, November 4||Jostens at CV to distribute Jostens order packets. Drive through 2:30 - 4:30 pm|
|Thursday, November 12||Jostens at CV to collect student order packets. Drive through 4:00 - 6:00 pm|
|TBA||Jostens at CV for late orders in the senior hall at lunch|
|Friday, January 8||Last day to submit senior portraits|
|Friday, January 30||Last day to submit senior quotes|
|TBA||Jostens delivering orders in senior hall at lunch|
|TBA||Senior speeches due, if speaking at graduation|
|TBA||Senior speech auditions in Mrs. Serna's room B5 at beginning of lunch|
|TBA||Senior class meeting in the auditorium|
|Friday, June 11||Graduation day|
Helpful Tips for Graduates
- Schedule all appointments after 1 pm
- Arrange to have the morning off if you work.
- Students will be notified at rehearsal if you have not taken care of returning books and paying fees and fines. Your diploma will be held for unreturned books and outstanding fees and fines. You have until 3:00 PM to take care of these issues. NO exceptions.
- All-Night Party Tickets will be distributed at rehearsal.
Schedule for Friday, June 11 - Graduation Day
|3:30 pm||Arrive at fairgrounds to get ready for parade.|
|4:00 pm||Parade to CVHS|
|4:30 pm||Graduation ceremony begins|
Rules for Saving Seats
- Please respect the reserved seating on the floor for graduates, Valedictorians and Salutatorians and their families, people with physical disabilities and staff
- Families are welcome to post reserved signs on seats using their own supplies
- Crescent Valley Staff will not monitor these saved seats – you save at your own risk
- Please remain with your saved seats to ensure your seating
- Seating cannot be reserved until doors open at 4pm
Family members are asked to arrive early to allow time for parking and seating. We do not place a limit on the number of seats allowed for each family. Parking areas will be monitored. The front parking lot is designated for general parking. Handicap accessible parking is available in designated areas. The parking lot near the football field is reserved for school board members and staff only.
Graduate All Night Party
The Corvallis Graduate All Night Party is an annual event put on by the graduating senior parents following high school graduation ceremonies to provide a safe, alcohol and drug-free graduation celebration with many fun activities. Graduate All Night Parties are held across the United States.
The party is open to all seniors who are eligible to participate in graduation ceremonies from Corvallis, Crescent Valley, and College Hill High Schools. Advisors can confirm student eligibility.
The party is held at Dixon Recreation Center at Oregon State University on graduation night from 11 pm to 5:00 am the next morning. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you/your child is on the paid list. Students must arrive and check-in before 12 midnight!
- Tickets may be purchased online at the link below or from the CV Bookkeeper
- Tickets are distributed at graduation rehearsal. Not sure if you have a ticket? Check with the CV Bookkeeper or email email@example.com
- Parent volunteers are needed for this event!
- No student may leave the party early unless they are checked out by a parent/guardian in person.