This Week’s Schedule:
Monday, Oct. 7 – Even
- League JV Football – CV vs. Dallas at CHS field, 6:00 pm
- League JV & V Boys’ Soccer – Silverton @ CV, 4:30 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 8 – Odd (Advisor Schedule)
- Advisor Schedule – Student work time and PSAT prep work
- Blood drive all day in the gym
- League JV & V Girls’ Soccer – CV @ Silverton, 4:30 & 6:30 pm
- League V, JV, JV2 Volleyball – W.Albany @ CV, 5:00 & 6:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 9 – Even (Advisor Schedule)
Advisor Schedule – Student work time
- Student Council Meeting during Advisor in D44A
Thursday, Oct. 10 – Odd
- College Planning Night for both CV & CHS students & families, 6:00-9:00 pm, start in the CV Gym
- League V Boys’ Soccer – CV @ Dallas, 6:00 pm
- League JV Girls’ Soccer – Dallas @ CV, 4:30 pm
- League JV, JV2, & V Volleyball – CV @ Dallas, 5:00 & 6:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 11 – Even
- League V Football – S.Albany vs. CV @ CHS field, 7:00 pm
Check This Out!
Everyone – CVHS is now on Twitter. Follow CV news and events @CVRaiderNation.
Everyone- Our Raider Wear Online Store is live and ready to accept orders at the following link:
- Be sure to use the “Products” arrow and click “View All Products” to see the entire inventory.
- Orders submitted prior to Oct 11 will be completed and ready for pick-up in the CV main office after Oct 22nd.
- You have two options for delivery, you can either pay $5 for flat rate shipping or can pick up your items at the school after Oct 22nd.
Please visit the community flyers page for all current flyers:
Upcoming Dates to Note:
Seniors – Early-bird college application deadlines are just around the corner (Nov.1 and Nov. 15), and the Writing Center is here to help you. Drop by anytime from 7:30 to 3:30 for help with your college essays!
Students & Parents – Phagan’s Beauty College – On Thursday, Oct. 17, during lunchtime, Beyond CVHS will have a representative from Phagan’s Beauty College. We will have hands-on activities and information about the program and potential financial aid options. Beyond CVHS is across from the school’s library. Please stop by ahead of time to sign up. This opportunity will fill up quickly!
Students & Parents – College Representative Visits to Beyond CV – All grades are invited. Please sign up in advance.
- Monday, Oct. 14 – 11:15 am-12:00 pm University of Portland
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 – 11:15 am-12:00 pm Oregon State University, Cascades Campus, Bend
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 – 11:15 am-12:00 pm Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff
- Friday, Oct. 18 – 11:15 am-12:00 pm Western Oregon University
Students, Parents, & Guardians – Beyond CV has a number of upcoming field trips for this school year. Interested students may come by to sign up and get the permission forms needed for these trips.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019 HP Women in Engineering (Hewlett Packard)
- Friday, Oct. 25, 2019 Explore Machine Tooling and CADD (LBCC)
- Friday, Nov. 15, 2019 Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
- Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 Explore Metals and Manufacturing (LBCC)
- Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 Explore Machine Tool (LBCC)
- Friday, Mar. 6, 2020 Explore Welding and Non Destructive Testing (LBCC)
- Friday, Apr. 3, 2020 Healthcare Occupation Day (LBCC Lebanon Campus)
- Friday, Apr. 10, 2020 Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
Students – PSAT On Oct. 30 all sophomores will be taking the PSAT from 8:00-11:45 am. All sophomores are automatically registered to take the test at no cost. Sophomore families should have received a letter in the mail with more information including opt-out form. Juniors wanting to take the PSAT will have to pay $23 to Mr. Parrott, CV bookkeeper, by end of the school day, Monday, October 7. Juniors who take the PSAT and score in the highest percentile and meet other criteria may also qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Students & Parents – AP Testing Changes The cost of the AP exams will be $84/exam, or free for students eligible for fee waivers. Payments will be taken through Nov. 4, see Mr. Parrott, CV bookkeeper.