This Week's Schedule!
Monday, Oct. 14 — Odd Classes Meet
- League JV Football — CV @ S.Albany, 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 15 — Even Classes Meet
- League JV& V Boys’ Soccer — CV @ CHS (Crystal Lake Park), 4:30 pm
- League JV & V Girls’ Soccer — CV @ CHS, 4:30 & 8:00 pm
- League V Volleyball — CV Dual Meet – vs. Central & S.Albany @ S.Albany, 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 16 — Odd Classes Meet
- League JV2 Girls’ Soccer — CV @ CHS (Crystal Lake Park), 4:30 pm
Thursday, Oct. 17 — Even Classes Meet
- League JV2 Boys’ Soccer — Central @ CV, 4:30 pm
- League JV & V Girls’ Soccer — CV @ Central, 4:00 & 6:00 pm
- League JV, JV2, & V Volleyball — CHS @ CV, 5:00 & 6:00 pm VOLLEYBALL PINK-OUT NIGHT
Friday, Oct. 18 — Odd Classes Meet
- League V Football — CV @ Silverton, 7:00 pm
- League JV & V Boys’ Soccer — Central @ CV, 4:30 pm
Check This Out:
Everyone — CVHS is now on Twitter. Follow CV news and events @CVRaiderNation.
Everyone — Our Raider Wear Online Store is live and ready to accept orders at the following address:
Everyone — The Holidays are coming! Are you looking for some wonderful winter decorations for your home or for gifts this holiday season? The Crescent Valley Ski Racing Team is here for you! We are once again selling beautiful poinsettias from Peoria Gardens in red, white, or pink. They come in a 6.5-inch foil-covered pot for $14 each. They’ll be available for pickup after school on Wednesday, December 4th, at the baseball shed in the northwest corner of the main parking lot.
Please contact Amy Card at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25th if you’d like to place an order, and thank you for supporting our racers! This fundraiser helps pay for coaching, racing fees, and training equipment. Let it snow (in the mountains)!
Upcoming Dates to Note:
Everyone — Join CV’s A Capella Group — Informational meeting Wednesday, Oct. 16, during lunch in B2. Come to the meeting for information on rehearsal times, auditions, music, solos, performances, and more. ANY student may audition to join—current enrollment in choir is not required. Questions? See Mrs. Gollmann in room B1 or B2 or email email@example.com
Seniors — Early-bird college application deadlines are just around the corner (Nov.1 and Nov. 15), and the Writing Center is here to help you. Drop by anytime from 7:30 to 3:30 for help with your college essays!
Students & Parents — Phagan’s Beauty College — On Thursday, Oct. 17, during lunchtime, Beyond CVHS will have a representative from Phagan’s Beauty College. We will have hands-on activities and information about the program and potential financial aid options. Beyond CVHS is across from the school’s library. Please stop by ahead of time to sign up. This opportunity will fill up quickly!
Students & Parents — College Representative Visits to Beyond CV — All grades are invited. Please sign up in advance.
- Monday, Oct. 14 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — University of Portland
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — Oregon State University—Cascades Campus, Bend
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff
- Thursday, Oct. 17 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Friday, Oct. 18 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — Western Oregon University, Monmouth
- Monday, Oct. 21 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — Oregon State University
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA
- Thursday, Oct. 24 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Friday, Oct. 25 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — University of Colorado at Boulder
Students, Parents, & Guardians — Beyond CV has a number of upcoming field trips for this school year. Interested students may come by to sign up and get the permission forms needed for these trips.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019 — HP Women in Engineering (Hewlett Packard)
- Friday, Oct. 25, 2019 — Explore Machine Tooling and CADD (LBCC)
- Friday, Nov. 8, 2019 — Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
- Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 — Explore Metals and Manufacturing (LBCC)
- Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 — Explore Machine Tool (LBCC)
- Friday, Mar. 6, 2020 — Explore Welding and Non Destructive Testing (LBCC)
- Friday, Apr. 3, 2020 — Healthcare Occupation Day (LBCC Lebanon Campus)
- Friday, Apr. 10, 2020 — Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
Students — PSAT— On Oct. 30 all sophomores will be taking the PSAT from 8:00~11:45 am. All sophomores are automatically registered to take the test at no cost. Sophomore families should have received a letter in the mail with more information including opt-out form.
Students & Parents — AP Testing Changes — The cost of the AP exams will be $84/exam, or free for students eligible for fee waivers. Payments will be taken through Nov. 4 — see Mr. Parrott, CV bookkeeper.
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
Please visit the community flyers page for all current flyers: