Powderpuff Spirit Week!
This Week's Schedule:
Monday, Nov. 11— NO SCHOOL – Veterans Day
Tuesday, Nov. 12 — Even Classes Meet
- Twin Day
- Possible Girls’ Soccer Semi-Final Playoff Game @ CV, Time TBD
Wednesday, Nov. 13 — Odd Classes Meet
- Western Wear — flannel, boots, hats
Thursday, Nov. 14 — Even Classes Meet
- Throwback — any decade
Friday, Nov. 15 — Odd Classes Meet
- Class Colors
- Powerpuff games are tentatively scheduled for Friday evening, but may be rescheduled based on girls soccer playoffs.
Saturday, Nov. 16
- Possible Girls’ Soccer Final Playoff Game in Hillsboro, Time TBD
Check This Out:
Everyone—It’s time to sign up for winter sports! The first day of the winter season starts November 18th. Make sure you are cleared to play. All athletes need to have a current physical on file, a signed Code of Conduct and an Emergency Contact Card. All forms are available at the Athletics Desk in the Main Office or the Athletics Page of the CV Website. If you have any questions, contact Keri Spreadbury, 541-757-5809.
Everyone — Native American Heritage Collection — November is National American Indian Heritage Month, the perfect time to explore the resources available in the new Native American Heritage Collection in Destiny Discover, the Corvallis School District library catalog, available at https://tinyurl.com/y3j2s6qy. Please visit the CV Library for help accessing these resources and more.
Everyone — Cultural Food Day is Thursday, Nov. 21 at lunch. If you would like to bring food, please contact Natalia Morales or Ms. Stone
Dear CV parents,
As part of CVs student leadership we are putting on Celebrate Culture Day, showcasing the different cultures at CV. We want to give students an opportunity to bring in food that represents their culture to share with the student body. If you or your student(s) would like to provide food to this event there’s no sign ups required, all you have to do is bring in your food and provide plates and utensils if possible (if you can’t provide plates we’ll have some at the event). If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone — $1 Rowdy Raider Stickers are on sale to benefit the Heartland Humane Society. They will be sold in the main hallway at lunch.
Everyone — Our Raider Wear Online Store is live and ready to accept orders at the following address:
Everyone — Get in shape / maintain your fitness — the weight room is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:15 to 4:15. See Mr. Howe with any questions.
Everyone — School Donation Opportunity
First Alternative has revived their Round UP program for local schools. The Co-op donates $1,000 per quarter, divided, to local schools. Any shopper may give a school name or number (#79923 Crescent Valley High School) at the register when asked if they have a Co-op card. That registers the purchase for the school they have chosen.
Everyone — Winter Weather and Safety Reminders
With the change of season comes shorter daylight hours and a wintry mix of weather. This message is to provide reminders for students, staff, and families. We will be sending a TEST emergency alert message to all student households next week. If you do not receive a phone call or email, please contact your child’s school to update your phone number. Thank you!
Snow Routes, School Zones, and Parking Lot Safety
In the event of icy or snowy roads, some bus routes have snow routes if conditions do not permit following the regular route. During the first week of December, Snow Route information will be shared with families.
In all types of weather, please give yourself extra time in school zones and parking lots.
- Avoid distracted driving including the use of cell phones and other devices
- Use your school’s approved drop-off and pick-up zones
- Take extra care to watch for pedestrians and bikes
- Follow school crossing guard directions & remind your student to use crosswalks when available
Each year we see a wintry mix of freezing rain, snow, ice, or flooding. The decision to delay or close school is based on:
- the ability to operate school busses safely
- the ability of students and parents/guardians to drive safely
- the ability of employees to get to work on time and safely
- the suitability of our facilities for occupation, as well as the condition of local infrastructure
How We Communicate School Cancellations and Delays
In the event of the decision to delay or cancel school, parents and guardians are notified with an automated call and email, typically at 6:00 am or 7:00 pm.
When there is a delayed start
- School starts two hours later than regularly scheduled
- Before-school programs are canceled
- Buses may be on snow routes, bus rider families will be notified with an automated call and email.
When school is canceled
- All schools are closed and typically all school meetings and events are canceled
Please contact the school office if you have any questions.
Upcoming Dates to Note:
Seniors — Early-bird college application deadlines are just around the corner (Nov. 15), and the Writing Center is here to help you. Drop by anytime from 7:30 to 3:30 for help with your college essays!
Students & Parents — College Representative Visit to Beyond CV — All grades are invited. Please sign up in advance.
- Monday, Nov. 18 — 11:15 am – 12:00 pm — Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, Georgia
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 — 11:15 am-12:00 pm — University of Montana, Missoula
Students, Parents, & Guardians — Beyond CV has a number of upcoming field trips for this school year. Interested students may come by to sign up and get the permission forms needed for these trips.
- Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 — Explore Metals and Manufacturing (LBCC)
- Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 — Explore Machine Tool (LBCC)
- Friday, Mar. 6, 2020 — Explore Welding and Non Destructive Testing (LBCC)
- Friday, Apr. 3, 2020 — Healthcare Occupation Day (LBCC Lebanon Campus)
- Friday, Apr. 10, 2020 — Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
Please visit the community flyers page for all current flyers: