This Week's Schedule:
Monday, Jan. 20 — No School — MLK Jr. Holiday
Tuesday, Jan. 21 — Odd Classes Meet
- JV2, JV & V League Boys’ Basketball — S.Albany @ CV, 5:30 & 7:00
- JV & V League Girls’ Basketball — CV @ S.Albany, 5:30 & 7:00 pm
- MWC Boys’ & Girls’ Dual Swim Meet — Central, CV, & Dallas @ Osborne Aquatic Center, 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Jan. 22 — Even Classes Meet
Thursday, Jan. 23 — Odd Classes Meet
- CV Talent Show — Auditorium @ 7:00 pm — Tickets $5
Friday, Jan. 24 — Even Classes Meet
- JV2, JV & V League Boys’ Basketball — CV @ Dallas, 5:30 & 7:00 pm
- JV & V League Girls’ Basketball — Dallas @ CV, 5:30 & 7:00 pm
Check This Out:
Everyone — Second Semester Schedules — Students please check your student email. Second semester schedules will be sent to your email after January 17.
Everyone — Nichidai Niko Exchange March 29-April 3
Have you ever thought about hosting an exchange student, but were nervous about how it works? Have you wondered how our culture differs from other cultures? This is a great way to dip your toe in the hosting pool! Help keep the 30+ year tradition going with our sister school from Japan. This spring 24 students will be visiting Corvallis; they are excited to share their culture and learn about ours. We need 3 more host families (families host 2 Japanese students). Please contact Kim Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Everyone — Boundary Review Open House
Parents, students, school neighbors, and community members are invited to attend a Boundary Review Open House on January 21 from 6-8 pm at Cheldelin Middle School to share feedback on possible school attendance area boundary adjustments developed by the Boundary Review Task Force.
The task force was convened in December with the charge of balancing school enrollments across the district to avoid overcrowding, specifically at the middle schools. The committee includes representatives from all school boundary areas and staff liaisons. Questions may be directed to Assistant Superintendent Melissa Harder at 541-766-4857.
Upcoming Dates to Note:
Everyone — Talent Show on January 23 — CV’s annual Talent Show is Thursday, January 23rd in the auditorium at 7:00 pm. Advance tickets are on sale during lunch in the main hallway and at the door before the show. Cost is $5.
Everyone — Operation Period at Crescent Valley is hosting a screening of “Period: End of Sentence” at the Corvallis-Benton County Public
Library! It will be on Wednesday, January 29, 2020, from 6:30-8:00 pm. Following the screening, there will be a panel discussion about the issues of menstrual inequality. The event is free of charge but donations of $5 to $10 and menstrual products will be greatly appreciated. (Operation
Period is a nonprofit dedicated to promoting menstrual equity through service, education, and advocacy.)
Students, Parents, & Guardians — Beyond CV has a number of upcoming field trips for this school year. Interested students may come by to sign up and get the permission forms needed for these trips.
- Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 — Explore Machine Tool (LBCC)
- Friday, Mar. 6, 2020 — Explore Welding and Non Destructive Testing (LBCC)
- Friday, Apr. 3, 2020 — Healthcare Occupation Day (LBCC Lebanon Campus)
- Friday, Apr. 10, 2020 — Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
- Ethiopian Cultural Dinner with presentation by 2 CHS students who went to Gondar
- Junior Honors Symphony Auditions
- State Invitational High School Ping Pong Tournament @ Bob Keefer Center in Springfield Oregon
- Hosting an International High School Exchange Student for 2020-2021 school year!
- Period. End of Sentence Film Screening and Discussion
Please visit the community flyers page for all current flyers: