This Week's Schedule:
Monday, Feb. 17 — NO SCHOOL – Presidents Day
Tuesday, Feb. 18 — All Classes Meet
- Juniors at Career Convention all-day
- JV2 Boys’ Non-League Basketball — Philomath @ CV, 6:00 pm
Wednesday, Feb. 19 — ODD Classes Meet
Thursday, Feb. 20 — EVEN Classes Meet
- Jostens in the senior hall during lunch to deliver grad announcements
- JV & V Boys’ League Basketball — CV @ S.Albany, 5:30 & 7:00 pm
- JV2 Boys’ League Basketball — CV vs. S.Albany @ Calapooia Middle School, 5:30 pm
- JV & V Girls’ League Basketball— S.Albany @ CV, 5:30 & 7:00
Friday, Feb. 21 — ODD Classes Meet
- Wrestling Districts Meet @ S.Albany, Times TBD
Saturday, Feb. 22
- JV & V Girls’ Non-League Basketball (Endowment) — Scappoose @ CV, 11:00 am & 1:00 pm
Please note that since this is a fund-raising game, CVHS punch passes and student ASB cards will NOT be honored.
Admission: $6 for adults including senior citizens; $4 for K-12
- Wrestling Districts Meet Continues @ S.Albany, Times TBD
Check This Out:
Everyone — The Friends of the Library BIG Book Sale is Feb. 21-23 at the Benton County Fairgrounds. Get great deals on new-to-you books! Fri, 6-8 pm; Sat, 9 am to 4 pm; Sun, 10 am to 3 pm. Prices are lowered each day. This is not a school-sponsored event.
Upcoming Dates to Note:
Seniors — Jostens will be in the CV senior hall on Thursday, Feb. 20, during lunch to deliver graduation announcements. All orders must be paid in full. To check the status of your order, please contact Jostens at 800-JOSTENS (567-8367). If not picked up on Thursday, orders will be available in the front office.
Students, Parents, & Guardians — Information on Available Scholarships – Not All Are Only For Seniors!
More Information Can Be Found in Beyond CV (Career Center):
- Fred G. Lee and David Quan Memorial Scholarships – Three scholarships will be awarded for the Fred G. Lee scholarship, with at least one scholarship to be awarded to a student who attends a college in Oregon or Washington. One scholarship will be awarded for the David Quan Memorial Scholar. This scholarship is for a graduating senior who intends to major in the health field. The deadline is April 1, 2020. See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BBQ5yg5TL1wjWgTWdG2tt6c4rxRMLeS6/view for details and application form.
- Tiffany Wang Arts Scholarship — Two students will be selected to each receive $500 towards a summer program. These are offered for (1) pre-college students (grades 9-11) who are interested in attending a summer arts program, (2) demonstrated financial need and (3) talent in the fine or performing arts. See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hct5RIfGPtTzU4G5Hhm29naStMBeLnG2/view Deadline April 1, 2020
- National Essay Contest — All high school students are invited to participate in this essay competition. Applicants are expected to write a 500-word English theme within two hours, on a topic to be announced at the start of the competition to be held on March 7 from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon. Preregistration is required and is open to all high school students in Oregon. Deadline March 2, 2020 See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HGmKGC4MhxrbWdWJFXrISL-PsOBiKs63/view for more information and application form.
- Paul Duong Memorial Scholarship — For this year’s senior students who have previously attended the Asian American Youth Leadership Conference—or will attend the 2020 Leadership Conference on Friday, April 24, 2020. The scholarship is a one-time award of $1,500 for first place, $1,000 for second place, and $500 for third place. Due Date March 20, 2020. See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HGmKGC4MhxrbWdWJFXrISL-PsOBiKs63/view for more information and application form.
- 28th Annual Asian American Youth Leadership Conference — to be held on Friday, April 24, 2020, at the Sylvania Campus of Portland Community College. Register online and get more information at http://aaylc.org/ Registration Deadline April 3, 2020
Students, Parents, & Guardians — Beyond CV has a number of upcoming field trips for this school year. Interested students may come by to sign up and get the permission forms needed for these trips.
- Friday, Mar. 6, 2020 — Explore Welding and Non-Destructive Testing (LBCC)
- Friday, Apr. 10, 2020 — Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
- Siembra la Cena – clase de jardinería / Seed to Supper gardening class taught in Spanish
- Winter Wildlife Field Day (free transportation)
- State of Oregon High School Table Tennis Tournament Flyer
- Middle School Essay Contest
- Nichidai Sister School Exchange
- Tween Art Workshop with Diana Ryan
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Kickoff and Puppet Show
- Young Writers’ Camps
- The Secret Garden – musical theater performance
Please visit the community flyers page for all current flyers: