This Week's Schedule:
Monday, Feb. 10 — Even Classes Meet
Tuesday, Feb. 11 — Odd Classes Meet
Basketball Double-Header @ CHS:
- JV2, JV & V League Boys’ Basketball — CV @ CHS, 4:00, 5:30, & 7:00 pm respectively
- JV & V League Girls’ Basketball — CV @ CHS, 4:00 & 5:30 pm respectively
- Boys’ & Girls’ Dual Swim Meet — S.Albany vs. CV @ Osborne Aquatic Center, 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Feb. 12 — Even Classes Meet
- Fundraiser for Students’ Trip to Spain — CV Library, 6:00-8:00 pm
Thursday, Feb. 13 — Odd Classes Meet
- Combined Middle & High School Orchestra Concert – CV Auditorium, 7:00-8:30 pm
Friday, Feb. 14 — Even Classes Meet
- JV2, JV & V League Boys’ Basketball — Central @ CV, 5:30 & 7:00 pm
- JV & V League Girls’ Basketball — CV @ Central, 5:30 & 7:00 pm
- 2019/20 Boys’ & Girls’ District Swim Meet @ Osborn Aquatic Center, TBD
Saturday, Feb. 15
- 2019/20 Boys’ & Girls’ District Swim Meet Continues @ Osborn Aquatic Center, TBD
Check This Out:
Everyone — If a student is not feeling well, they should come to the office and check in with our Health Room Assistant. They can wait in the main office for parent pick up. We do not want ill students sitting in classes waiting for pick up.
Everyone — Hygiene Drive — Operation Period will be hosting a hygiene drive, starting on February 10th and ending in March. The bins will be outside the Library. Operation Period is an organization that promotes menstrual equity through service, education, and advocacy. Please donate pads or tampons to the bin! All proceeds go to shelters around Corvallis and Albany, such as Community Outreach Clinic, Jackson Street Youth Shelter, and the Champinefu Lodge at Oregon State. Thank you!
Everyone — Nichidai Host Family meeting scheduled for Wednesday, February 26 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm in the Career Center.
Upcoming Dates to Note:
Everyone — Spain Trip Fundraiser Movie Night — Wednesday, February 12, 6:00-8:00 pm, CV Library — Admission is $5 — We will be watching Shrek and there will be popcorn, drinks, baked goods, gift cards, bracelets and more for purchase!
Everyone — FIRST Robotics Scrimmage — Saturday, February 15, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm @ CHS (enter from 11th Street) — Come and see robots in action! Free and open to the public! Sponsored by the Corvallis High School Robotics Team and FIRST Force Robotics.
Students, Parents, & Guardians — Beyond CV has a number of upcoming field trips for this school year. Interested students may come by to sign up and get the permission forms needed for these trips.
- Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 — Explore Machine Tool (LBCC)
- Friday, Mar. 6, 2020 — Explore Welding and Non Destructive Testing (LBCC)
- Friday, Apr. 3, 2020 — Healthcare Occupation Day (LBCC Lebanon Campus)
- Friday, Apr. 10, 2020 — Explore Mechatronics (LBCC)
Everyone — Kindergarten Registration and Transfer Window start April 13
The district transfer window and kindergarten enrollment for Corvallis residents for the 2020-21 school year will be available April 13 through May 1. This process typically takes place in March and has been rescheduled to align with the District’s review of current transfer policy and implementation of new boundary areas.
The school board is expected to consider a recommendation for revision of the current Transfer Policy in March. The boundary adjustment proposal will be presented to the school board at their March 5 meeting. The school board will be asked to vote on the proposal on April 9, 2020.
The School Board will determine whether or not to approve non-resident transfers during a March meeting as required by state law. The School Board will only be making the decision whether or not any non-resident transfers will be open and will not be announcing available spots. The non-resident transfer application window will be March 9 – 27, 2020. Due to Oregon law, non-resident applications must be submitted by April 1 and could not be rescheduled to a later date. District administrators will analyze projected in-district enrollment numbers and the School Board will receive a recommendation to approve non-resident transfer spots by school and grade.
Transfer requests for both residents and non-residents will be approved in mid-May and families will be notified.
Community flyers are now shared on the Corvallis School District website! Learn about programs, sports, and opportunities in our community. Flyers posted this week are listed below:
- Winter Wildlife Field Day
- Situational Awareness – Self-Defense Seminar
- Limited AYSO open registration for Spring 2020
- Valentine’s Day Parents’ Night Out
- Future Spartan 6th, 7th and 8th grade Baseball Try-outs
- Seed to Supper gardening class taught in Spanish
- Majestic summer theater adventure camp
Please visit the community flyers page for all current flyers: