Have you ever thought about hosting an exchange student, but were nervous about how it works? Have you wondered how our culture differs from other cultures? This is a great way to dip your toe in the hosting pool! Help keep the 30+ year tradition going with our sister school from Japan. This spring 24 students will be visiting Corvallis; they are excited to share their culture and learn about ours. We need 4 more more host families (families host 2 Japanese students). We need at least one home with no pets.
- Sunday, 3/29 – 1:00 pm Host families meet at Best Western to pick up students
- Monday, 3/30 – Nichidai students attend school with host students (Orientation, school tour with Model UN)
- Tuesday, 3/31 – Nichidai students attend school with host students (Art class, tour CVTV)
- Wednesday, 4/1 – Nichidai students attend school with host students (Possible OSU tour)
- Thursday, 4/2 – Nichidai students attend school with host students 5:30 Farewell party with host families and staff at CV
- Friday, 4/3 – 7:30 am – Host families Nichidai students off at Best Western for departure.
Host Families must complete the following:
If you are interested in hosting, please complete both the Host Application and the District Volunteer Application by Monday, January 20. Thank you!
District Volunteer Application:
Anyone in the host household over 18 will need to complete the Volunteer Background Application and will need to be fingerprinted. Our HR department will reach out to individuals to communicate the process for fingerprinting.
For more information, or if you have any issues with the applications please contact Kim Nelson (email@example.com) in the CV office.