Melissa Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Scott Davis (email@example.com)
Donna Granados (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Mon & Wed: 7:45 am - 3:35 pm
Tues & Thurs: 7:45 am - 2:55 pm
Fridays: 7:45 am - 3:05 pm
Online Library Catalog for the CVHS Library and other Public School Libraries.
Check your Library record by clicking the Online Library Catalog link above. Then go to the My Stuff tab and click the Show My Record link.
CV Library News
Congratulations to Marin Plemmons, winner of the CV Library book return contest! She won a $10 gift card for the Max student store. All students who returned or renewed their first semester books were eligible for the drawing. There's still time to return your overdue texts, class novels, and library books before bills are mailed home!
The following resources (except Grolier Online) are freely available on all school computers, but require additional login procedures for off-campus access. See Home Access for details.
|Explore all or your choice of Gale databases at the same time.|
|Explore a broad range of topics, with background information. Includes many literature links.|
|Explore different viewpoints of many important issues.|
|Great Gale ebooks.|
|The Oregon School Library Information System (OSLIS) provides help with research projects from start to finish.
Start here to register for a LearningExpress Library (LEL) personal account. From the OSLIS main page, click on the Find Information button, then click on the LEL icon among the resources that appear. Select Register under New Users on the LEL site.
|Get online help from a librarian 24/7 with Answerland.|
|Research a wide range of topics using the best online encyclopedia. Always requires login (same as Home Access).|
View current and past editions of the Corvallis Gazette-Times.
|Access practice tests (including PSAT, SAT, ACT, and Advanced Placement practice exams), exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and more on a range of subjects including reading, writing, math, science, and logic and reasoning. This link is for returning users only. New users must first register by clicking on the LearningExpress icon from the OSLIS site, then click on Register under New Users on the LearningExpress site.
- Tips for Writing Reports
- Copyright Information
- Plagiarism Information
- Writing Tips from Grammar Girl
- Infotrac Newsstand: Search for periodicals from around the world written in dozens of different languages.
- Informe: Access popular Spanish language magazines.
- Digital Librarian: A librarian's choice of the best of the web.
- Links to other libraries: Search the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library, the OSU Library, and more!
- Multnomah County Libraries: Great links for high school class research topics.
- Internet Public Library: Public learning/teaching environment at the University of Michigan School of Information
- LibrarySpot: resources for everything and everyone.
- The 2016 Oregon Book Award winners have been chosen! Visit the Literary Arts website to learn more.
- Visit the Corvallis Public Library Teen page for information about upcoming events, new books, and more.
- See the OSU English Department's Visiting Writers Series webpage for information about upcoming events on the Oregon State University campus.
- Check out the winners of the 2017 Young Adult Library Services Association book awards, which honor the best teen literature from the previous year.
- The 2016 National Book Award nominees have been announced! Visit the National Book Foundation website for information about the books and their authors.
Special login information is required to access GALE databases and Grolier Online Encyclopedia from home. To view the information, enter the username and password listed below on the Windows Login tab of the Corvallis School District's Home Access Page:
Student Login Directions:
Password: 8 digit student ID number with leading zeros
Staff Login Directions:
Password: school login password.
The CVHS Library welcomes your suggestions about books to order, or other suggestions. Please share your ideas with Library staff!